Community Representative – Cancer Prevention
Are you are a natural networker? Do you enjoy providing information, connecting with your community, attending events and talking to people? We are looking for your enthusiasm as a Community Representative of the Canadian Cancer Society.
In this position, you will be attending community events such as farmer’s markets, sporting events, festivals, trade shows and other events with information and displays. This position is primarily responsible for raising awareness and engaging the community.
Training, information, and display materials are provided.
- Meet new people and have fun!
- Enhance project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Truly make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer by helping to raise awareness about our support programs, health promotion activities, successes in research, and volunteer opportunities
- Play an integral role in supporting and promoting the mission, vision, and values of the Society
- Learn about cancer prevention and research and help inform others
TRAINING & SUPPORT
Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
Training in promoting our programs provided by Volunteer Engagement, and other staff where applicable
Training in health promotion and cancer prevention by Health Promotion Coordinator
Ongoing support provided by Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Additional training as available
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Personable and comfortable talking to the public
- Ability to learn and represent the organization to others accurately
- Flexible and eager to get involved
- Reliable and dependable
Flexible- average of 3-5 hours per week or per odd week.