Regional Office Assistant - Greater Victoria
The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is seeking motivated and compassionate Regional Office volunteers, to represent the CCS with integrity and caring. Regional Office volunteers support the organization's primary initiatives, including fundraising campaigns, health promotion programs, cancer awareness and support services information.
The Regional Office Assistant is responsible for answering telephone and walk-in inquiries by providing appropriate information and referrals, receiving and processing donations, handling incoming and outgoing mail, distributing promotional materials and assisting with administrative support for projects and special events.
- Play an integral role by engaging the public in the mission, vision, and values of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer
- Use and enhance your administrative skills through experience and ongoing training!
- Share in the hope with others while inviting them to join in the fight against cancer
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role specific training, including regular computer skills and procedures updates
- Support from Leadership Volunteers and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Strong written and verbal English language skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner
- Comfortable with office equipment and administrative procedures
- Organized and adaptable to change
- Intermediate computer knowledge (including Excel, Word & the ability to learn and use databases)
- Good understanding of The Canadian Cancer Society activities in community and across Region
- Previous office experience
Regular weekly 4 hour shift, 10a-2p (with some flexibility); renewable commitment of 6 months
Casual on-call positions also available
Regional Office Assistant - Victoria Regional Office - Greater Victoria