Community Leadership Volunteer - Nanaimo
The Canadian Cancer Society (The Society) is seeking motivated and compassionate Community Offices volunteers, to represent the Society with integrity and caring. Community Office volunteers support The Society’s primary initiatives, including fundraising campaigns, health promotion programs, cancer awareness and support services information.
Responsibilities vary between Leadership Volunteers. General areas of responsibility may include health promotion, special events, volunteer driver program, volunteer engagement, community outreach, internal or external communications, office management and administration. Leadership Volunteers may focus on one specific function within a given area (for example, recruiting and interviewing volunteers in Volunteer Engagement or sharing information with Community Office volunteers about current Health Promotion initiatives), or may take on multiple duties across areas of responsibility, depending on availability, interests and skills.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Use and/or develop your leadership skills.
- Enhance your resume
- Flexible to your schedule
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role-specific training
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from Leadership Volunteer colleagues and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Fantastic people skills, including the ability to collaborate with a wide diversity of people
- Leadership skills
- Basic computer skills
- A positive attitude
- Passionate about the mission and work of the Canadian Cancer Society
Ranges from 3-4 hours/week to 6-10 hours/week depending on role; a minimum of a 6 month commitment
Community Office Leadership Volunteer – Nanaimo Community Office – Nanaimo