Vancouver Island Lodge Volunteer shuttle Driver
The Vancouver Island Lodge provides accommodation to cancer patients while they are receiving out-patient radiation and chemotherapy treatments.
We provide a wonderful home away from home environment, with close proximity to the Vancouver Island Cancer Centre.
The Cancer Centre is approximately 1 km. from the Lodge, a distance too far to walk if you are ill or if the weather is bad.
To assist patients in travelling this distance, the Vancouver Island Lodge provides a complimentary shuttle service between the Lodge and the Centre, operated by volunteer drivers.
SPECIFICS OF THE SERVICE
- a 7 passenger van was donated to the Lodge from the Alex Campbell Conquer Cancer Classic annual golf funraiser.
- Operating costs are shared with BCCA Vancouver Island Cancer Centre
- The shuttle service is available with "pick-up" each half hour during the operational hours of the Cancer Centre, and at no cost to the patient
- Volunteer drivers must hold a valid Class 5 driver's license and a clean driving record, validated with an ICBC Driver's Abstract.
- Volunteer drivers will work scheduled shifts and will be accountable to the Lodge Manager.
- Volunteer drivers will meet all the requirements of the CCS Volunteer Drivers Program, including participation in initial and on-going training.
- Detailed records will be kept including on-going quality monitoring
- Insurance will be held via the Canadian Cancer Society; accident claims will be carried by this policy but infractions such as speeding will be paid by the individual driver
- Volunteer Drivers will not smoke while carrying out any responsibilities on behalf of the Canadian Cancer Society, and smoking will not be permitted in the van or on the premises.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account