About the volunteer opportunity:
The Sammy D Foundation are looking for mentors to offer guidance, support and encouragement to young people in the Adelaide Hills, Murray Bridge and surrounding suburbs.
Sammy D Foundation mentors must:
• Be aged 18+
• Have a current driver's license and access to a roadworthy vehicle
• Have a DHS Working with Children’s Clearance or be willing to complete one
• Have a current child safe environments training or be willing to complete
• Be available one weeknight per week for 12 months.
The Youth Mentor Role:
• To provide 1:1 mentoring to the young people referred to the service for a 9 -12-month duration (2hr/week commitment)
• To plan and organise outcome-focussed activities to engage young people during sessions, underpinned by methods of supporting young people to overcome individual social, educational, and emotional barriers and to create personal development plans for the future.
• To establish and develop a positive and engaging relationship with each young person.
• To support young people to develop or begin to develop life skills and to accomplish goals as identified by them and their support network.
• To provide awareness of community, educational and economic resources available to young people and their families, and how to access these resources.
• To monitor the progress of each mentee and record a short report after each mentoring session.
To register your interest to become a mentor contact:
Morgyn Davis | firstname.lastname@example.org | 8374 1678
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account