Home Boarding Volunteers
Home Boarder Volunteer
- Would you love the company of a dog in your home on the weekends?
- Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer experience?
- Can you open your home to a dog-in-training for their life-changing career?
Volunteer as a Home Boarder, and play a vital role in helping our dogs-in-training to prepare for their life-changing careers as Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs, Facility Dogs and Therapy Dogs.
We are currently seeking Home Boarders in the Mount Barker area!
Once our puppies are ready to begin formal training (approx. 12 – 14 months old), our volunteer Home Boarders step in to provide a loving home during this period.
Our dogs in formal training generally stay at our onsite kennels during the week, to take part in their training sessions, and stay with a Home Boarder over the weekend. Though sometimes they may need care on week nights also.
All food and veterinary bills are covered by Guide Dogs during the dog’s stay, which can vary from dog to dog, and we are open to both short-term and long-term Home Boarders.
Home Boarding is an ideal way to enjoy the benefits of having a dog, without the need to keep them occupied during the week. It also provides more flexibility, making it the perfect role for people who want to volunteer but might not meet all of our Puppy Raising criteria.
We are looking for volunteer Home Boarder in the local community who:
- Are over 18 years old and have a driver’s licence and 24/7 vehicle access
- Live in the Mount Barker local area
- Have a secure and safe yard and home, and are prepared for the dog to live and sleep inside their home
- Are able to perform repetitive physical tasks such as bending, kneeling and handling a dog that could be in excess of 30kg
- Will ensure the dog is not left alone for more than 4 hours at a time
If you’d like to help our beautiful dogs-in-training to becoming incredible Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs, Facility Dogs and Therapy Dogs, please complete an expression of interest, or contact our HR Department for more information on 08 8115 6050 or email@example.com.
A police clearance will be required for successful applicants.