Team Leader - Religious and spiritual group support
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Chaplaincy Team by organising, leading and participating in the delivery of worship services and religious studies to small groups of prisoners by groups of volunteers.
Worship services – volunteers should strive to make the services inclusive, positive, instructive, nurturing and inspirational for prisoners. Worship services may include prayer services, the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the celebration of Mass.
Religious studies – Volunteers use the Bible, or other appropriate religious tract, to guide and address prisoners’ religious and spiritual needs through group discussion and learning.
In addition, the Team Leader will:
- be the main contact for the group
- provide support and encouragement to the volunteer team members
- facilitate prisoners’ participation in the groups
- engage with the volunteer database
- be responsible for reporting to the chaplain attendees and any incidents.