Retail Assistant - Borehamwood
Location: Borehamwood, 7-8, Furzehill Parade, Shenley Rd, Borehamwood WD6 1DX
Time: Tues Any; Thurs 9-1; Fri Any; Sat Any
(Times shown are flexible and can be discussed upon application)
Duration: On-going, minimum 6 months preferred
To support the operation of Peace Hospice Care we have 11 charity shops in the local community.
Peace Hospice Care is dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients, families and carers facing a life limiting illness by providing care and support in the setting of their choice.
We want all our customers to feel at home when they come into our shops. That’s why we are currently looking for a Retail Assistant. Your role would be to put the customer first and help them with their purchases or answer any questions they might have.
Each day is different when working in our shops. As a shop volunteer, you will often be the first point of contact our customers have with Peace Hospice Care. Therefore, we need volunteers with a friendly and welcoming manner who:
In return you will:
Benefits and support
- Reimbursement of travel expenses, up to an agreed maximum amount
- Training and Development opportunities
- A named line manager who will provide on-going support and supervision
- Access to volunteer meetings and social events
What we expect from you
- All voluntary roles are subject to receipt of satisfactory references from someone who is not related to you and has known you (preferably in a professional capacity) for over two years
- Some voluntary roles involving access to vulnerable people or handling of sensitive information will be subject to enhanced DBS checks
- You should ensure that you can meet the physical requirements of the role that you are applying for.
- You must be willing to commit to the Values of Peace Hospice Care and demonstrate this in your volunteering with us; our Values can be found on our website www.peacehospicecare.org.uk