Location: Peace Hospice, Watford
Time: Anytime from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Duration: Can discuss upon application
Purpose: We have 12 charity shops in the local community to support Peace Hospice Care
We want to keep our shops running smoothly and that’s why we’re looking for a friendly, reliable volunteer driver. You will become an integral part of the team, working closely with the shops to collect stock and deliver necessary supplies to them.
Each day is different and as a driver you will often be the first point of contact our shops and local businesses have with the Peace Hospice. Therefore, we need volunteers with a friendly and welcoming manner who:
In return you will:
Benefits and support
- Reimbursement of travel expenses, up to an agreed maximum amount.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A named line manager who will provide on-going support and supervision.
- Access to volunteer meetings and social events.
What we expect from you
- All voluntary roles are subject to receipt of satisfactory references from someone who is not related to you and has known you (preferably in a professional capacity) for over two years.
- Some voluntary roles involving access to vulnerable people or handling of sensitive information will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
- You should ensure that you can meet the physical requirements of the role that you are applying for.