Retail Assistant - Chorleywood
Peace Hospice Care Charity Retail Assistant - Chorleywood
Location: Peace Hospice Care Shop, 9, New Parade, Chorleywood, Herts, WD3 5NJ
Time: Any Day, 3-4 hours per session am or pm (Times shown are flexible and can be discussed upon application)
Duration: Min 6 months – 1 year
Peace Hospice Care
Peace Hospice Care supports people living with a life limiting illness and supports their families from across South West Hertfordshire. We provide inpatient care, outpatient and community services, and family services including bereavement support. We have a team of dedicated volunteers supporting these Patient Services, as well as contributing to all other functions of the organisation.
Purpose of this role
To support the operation of Peace Hospice Care we have 11 charity shops in the local community.
We’d like all our customers to feel at home when they come into our shops. Your role would be to help with the day to day running of the charity shop, to put the customer first and help them with their purchases, or answer any queries they may have.
Each day is different when working in our shops. As a shop volunteer you will often be the first point of contact our customers have with Peace Hospice Care. We need volunteers with a friendly and welcoming manner who will go above and beyond to serve our customers, who are great team players, approachable and polite and can positively represent Peace Hospice Care
Duties and Responsibilities
In return you will:
Benefits and support
- Reimbursement of travel expenses, up to an agreed maximum amount
- Training and development opportunities
- A named line manager who will provide on-going support and supervision
- Access to volunteer meetings and social events
What we expect from you
- All voluntary roles are subject to receipt of satisfactory references from someone who is not related to you and has known you (preferably in a professional capacity) for over two years
- Some voluntary roles involving access to vulnerable people or handling of sensitive information will be subject to enhanced DBS checks
- You must be willing to commit to the Values of Peace Hospice Care and demonstrate this in your volunteering with us; our Values can be found on our website www.peacehospicecare.org.uk.