- Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
- Are you passionate about bringing a smile on Residents
- Love to have a chat, read, listen or play an instrument
Kalyra has proudly been supporting South Australian’s for 129 years and through our dedication and high standard of care, we were awarded SA’s Provider of the Year 2019. We are passionate about developing partnerships, enabling and supporting residents to make their own choices.
Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centered activities that encourage a rich and social life for our Residents.
About the role
We are looking for caring and friendly volunteers for our Residents who are not in regular social contact with people. The visits that the volunteers make have an important impact on the older person’s life: enhancing their sense of wellbeing, supporting good physical and mental health, promoting healthy ageing and making them more resilient to life’s knocks and challenges.
Duties may include:
- To spent few hours in a week to have chat, reminisce, listen to music, read the newspaper, play cards or a board game, go for a walk or have a cuppa at Cafe on site with Resident or group of Residents.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Abide by WHS Policy and procedures and report any hazards to coordinator
- Undertake training as required
All volunteers require a current National Police Certificate for the Purpose of Aged Care and evidence of the annual influenza vaccination.
If Interested , Next Step...
Once you submit your application our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will be asked to complete orientation.