- Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
- Are you passionate about food and enjoys bringing smile to face of customers and Resident
Kalyra has proudly been supporting South Australian’s for 129 years and through our dedication and high standard of care, we were awarded SA’s Provider of the Year 2019. We are passionate about developing partnerships, enabling and supporting residents to make their own choices.
Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centered activities that encourage a rich and social life for our Residents.
About this Role:
Have you got a green thumb and passionate about plants, gardening and love chats
We are looking for a friendly, reasonably fit person who can do odd jobs around the garden. There may be some pruning, weeding, tidying up and watering to be done around the grounds of our Facilities. You may work alongside some of our enthusiastic residents or with our volunteer gardening team. Some days you may work alone in the garden.
Duties may include:
- Garden work - weeding , pruning, watering
- Assist residents in keeping their interest in Gardening
- Engage with residents and visitors
- Maintain confidentiality
- Basic cleaning up after Coffee shop has closed
- Abide by WHS Policy and procedures and report any hazards to coordinator
- Undertake training as required
Monday - Friday
9.00 am till 2.00 pm
Our ideal volunteer will have:
- Ability to work effectively in a Team environment
- Ability to work and connect with individuals
- Has or willing to provide or undertake Police Clearance and Flu vaccination
If Interested , Next Step...
Once you submit your application our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will be asked to complete orientation.