Primarily assists customer service staff with customer service duties in either the lobby, dog kennels, or outside play yards/runs. This position is a support counseling role. All final adoption decisions are made by staff.
• Answers visitor questions and matches visitors to needed resources and services
• Informs visitors of behavioral and/or medical information, previous owner surrender notes on particular animals by accessing shelter database software. (Using shelter tablet. Kiosk or computers)
• Provides guidance on animals that are a good fit for the visitor’s household – pet matching
• Assists visitors with finding a staff member or Dog Walking volunteer to safely remove animal from the kennel for a meet and greet, if necessary
• Encourages foster or field trip/slumber party for potential adopters not yet ready to adopt
Required training: Volunteer orientation, Dog Handling class, Cat Handling class