If you love talking to local citizens and visitors from all over the world, and learning and demonstrating pioneer crafts, then please consider becoming a volunteer historical interpreter!
A successful volunteer candidate must:
- Commit to work an average of at least twice a month for twelve months (primarily on weekends)
- Possess great customer service and public speaking skills
- Be willing to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Learn from a paid mentor historical interpreter and share information as taught
- Attend an orientation and biannual one-day staff trainings
- Volunteer t-shirt (to be worn when working here)
- Option to wear historic-style clothing after 30 or more volunteer hours
- Free general admission to Log Cabin Village for volunteer and immediate family
- Four free general admission passes to Log Cabin Village for family/friends after completion of 10 or more volunteer hours (10 passes annually after that)
- 10% off items in the museum store
- Invitation to an annual volunteer event featuring recognition based on number of hours served
Please apply using the "Fill in an application" button on the right side of this page.