Description Summary: Maintain order and accessibility of all library materials
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Job Functions Include:
- Sorts carts as needed; Shelves all library materials;
- Reads shelves regularly to ensure materials are in proper order;
- Shifts books as needed; and Performs light housekeeping tasks as assigned.
- Inspect audiovisual materials for damage.
- Clean and repair cases.
- Sort and prepare books in workroom for box transport.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of alpha/numeric order;
- Ability to manipulate library materials up to 20 pounds;
- Ability to reach top shelves and bend to bottom shelves;
- Ability to manipulate fully loaded book carts;
- Follow oral and written instructions; and
- Ability to work independently.
- Must clear required background check.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week (approx)
Length of Commitment: Six month (minimum)