Would you like to help us out but don't have time for an ongoing commitment (or the desire to dress in 19th c. style clothing)? Perhaps you'd like to lend a hand at one of our special family events taking place 4-6 times a year!
Special event activities include helping kids with crafts and games, serving as a greeter, helping provide information to visitors, assisting staff with outreach events and much more!
A successful volunteer candidate must:
- Commit to work an average of at least three events/classes/camps per year (for at least one year, primarily on weekends)
- Possess great customer service and public speaking skills
- Be willing to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Volunteer t-shirt (to be worn when working here)
- Free general admission to Log Cabin Village for volunteer and immediate family to special event being worked (note: this does not apply to classes and camps)
- Two free general admission passes to Log Cabin Village for family/friends per special event/class/camp worked (given after event)
- 10% off items in the museum store on date worked
- Invitation to an annual volunteer event featuring recognition based on number of hours served
Please apply using the "Fill in an application" button on the right side of this page.