Summer Learning Ambassador
How You Will Make a Difference
Library volunteers play a pivotal role in encouraging San José youth and families to take part in the Summer Learning program to avoid falling behind when they return to school. Your main goal is to connect with library users and explain the benefits of continued education during the summer.
- Help launch the Summer Learning program
- Engage and explain to families how the Summer Learning program works
- Register youth and families for the program
- Help promote library activities and events
- Award prizes to readers
- Encourage lifelong learning to community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a week for the duration of the Summer Learning Program (June and July). Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
- Prospective volunteers must be comfortable in engaging library users about registering for the Summer Learning program
- Age 13 or over (Fingerprinting required for volunteers age 18 and over)