Homework Club Coach (Virtual)
Help local students reach academic success online and foster their ability to succeed in school.
How You Will Make a Difference
Virtual Homework Club Coaches will help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. Watch their confidence grow as they master their homework online.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Facilitate online interactive coaching sessions open to students from grades K-8
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Encourages lifelong learning to community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
- Learn ways to coach, promote learning, and refine teaching skills
Virtual Homework Club runs from September 13th - December 16th. The program will be open Monday through Thursday from 4-6 PM. Volunteers need to commit to a minimum of 2 consecutive hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be 15 years or older
- Be comfortable working one-one-one with students in a group setting using the Zoom meeting platform
- Have experience or interest in working with youth
- Have strong oral communication skills
- Be dependable, patient, and flexible
- Complete a fingerprint background check at a designated facility in the city of San José, at no cost to you: Only required if you are 18 years or older
Virtual volunteers require access to either a:
- Desktop computer
- Or device that can connect to the internet and has a microphone and camera
* Certain older Chromebook models cannot join Zoom Breakout Rooms which are a necessary component of participation in Homework Club. If you have one of these Chromebook models and do not have another device, you will not be able to participate in Homework Club. More information is available here.
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required