Practical Support in the home volunteering
Make a Meaningful Difference to Demelza families in your community!
If you enjoy cleaning, organising and helping others, we would love you to join our team of dedicated Practical Support volunteers who visit local families to help with household tasks such as cleaning, tidying and laundry to help keep on top of day-to-day pressures families face, allowing families to focus on what matters most - spending quality time together.
🧹 As a Practical Support Volunteer, you will:
- Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, and laundry.
- Create organised and tidy living space for families
- Help families maintain a safe and clean environment at home so they can focus on spending time together as a family.
- Engage with family members and provide a supportive ear for them as an ambassador for Demelza.
- Feedback to the Practical Support team on your visits, ensuring any needs of the family are recorded.
Our Practical Support volunteers are also able to help families with decorating, DIY, and gardening– if you have other skills you would like to use then you can help with more tasks if you would like to.
Why volunteer for us?
- Make a significant impact on the lives of children, young people and families that use Demelza’s services
- Become part of a warm and supportive team of volunteers and staff
- Receive ongoing training and support to undertake your role
- Flexible around your schedule –tasks are arranged to fit around your availability and there is no maximum or minimum - whether it's a few hours a week or a monthly commitment.
Become an essential part of our dedicated team of volunteers and help us create a clean and comforting atmosphere for children and their families in their own homes. Contact us at email@example.com or call 01795 845299 for more information.
All Practical Support volunteers will have an initial interview with a member of the team, followed by a full training course for volunteering with Demelza families. You will then receive a face to face induction, as well as ongoing support and supervision from the team.
All volunteers helping with Demelza families are also required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check before starting the role.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account