Help local families with decorating and DIY
Join Demelza’s team of Practical Support volunteers to decorate rooms for local families.
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of children and families facing challenging times? Do you have a knack for turning ordinary spaces into extraordinary places that Demelza children and families could enjoy? If so, we would love for you to join our dedicated team of Practical Support volunteers to transform rooms for our children, young people and families with your decorating skills!
As a practical support volunteer, you will:
- Collaborate with children, young people and families to understand their preferences and needs before decorating a room
- Use your decorating skills to transform rooms to a high standard so families can spend time in safe, beautiful spaces.
- Engage with family members and provide a supportive ear for them as an ambassador for Demelza.
- Feedback to the Practical Support team on your visits, ensuring any needs of the family are recorded.
Our Practical Support volunteers are also able to help families with gardening, DIY, cleaning and organising – if you have other skills you would like to use then you can help with more tasks if you would like to.
Why Volunteer with Us:
- Make a Lasting Impact: Your creative talents will brighten the lives of children and families during their most challenging moments.
- Flexible Commitment: We understand your schedule may vary. Practical support tasks are always arranged to work around you, and there is no minimum or maximum amount of support required.
- Join a Caring Community: Become part of a supportive network of volunteers who share your passion for making a difference.
- Spread Joy: Help us create spaces for our families filled with positivity, and take away some of the stress of the everyday.
You do not need to have any professional decorating experience to be able to help the team, however we do ask that you are proficient in the task and comfortable with basic decorating to help. We will take you preferences and skills into account to make sure you only undertake decorating tasks you’re comfortable with.
By becoming a decorating volunteer with Demelza’s practical support team, you will contribute to the well-being of children and families who rely on our support.
If you're ready to use your skills to make a difference, please apply now. If you would like more information and want to speak to a member of the Practical Support team, please call us on 01795 845299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Practical Support volunteers will have an initial interview with a member of the team, followed by a full training course for volunteering with Demelza families. You will then receive a face to face induction, as well as ongoing support and supervision from the team.
All volunteers helping with Demelza families are also required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check before starting the role.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account