Garden volunteer for local families
Calling All Green-Thumbed Volunteers!
Join Practical Support team and cultivate smiles.
At Demelza, we are committed to delivering extraordinary care to extraordinary children facing serious or life-limiting conditions. Our Practical Support volunteers play a crucial role in maintaining outdoor spaces for children and their families to enjoy, taking away some of the everyday pressures they experience.
As a Practical Support Gardening Volunteer, you will:
- Visit families local to you that need help maintaining outdoor spaces
- Help with general garden tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and planting.
- Engage with family members and provide a supportive ear for them as an ambassador for Demelza.
- Feedback to the Practical Support team on your visits, ensuring any needs of the family are recorded.
Our Practical Support volunteers are also able to help families with decorating, DIY, cleaning and organising – if you have other skills you would like to use then you can help with more tasks if you would like to.
Why Volunteer with Us:
- Plant Seeds of Happiness: Cultivate not only gardens but also personal growth and satisfaction as you contribute to a worthwhile cause.
- Make Memories: Leave a lasting impact on the lives of children, young people and families through your gardening expertise.
- Flexible Commitment: We respect your schedule. Enjoy flexible volunteer hours that fit your availability, with no minimum or maximum amount to give.
- Community Connection: Join a supportive community of volunteers who share your love for gardening and compassion for others.
If you're ready to use your skills to make a meaningful impact, please apply now, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01795 845299 for more information.
All Practical Support volunteers will have an initial interview with a member of the team, followed by a full training course for volunteering with Demelza families. You will then receive a face to face induction, as well as ongoing support and supervision from the team.
All volunteers helping with Demelza families are also required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check before starting the role.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account