Centre Based Social Support Groups
Centre Based Activity Groups
Older people living independently can sometimes experience social isolation.
Our planned activity groups provide a range of programs that promote independence and wellbeing among our clients, as well as provide multicultural connections in the community. Activities are flexible, based on the needs of participants.
Supported by trained staff and volunteers, the groups also provide valuable respite for carers.
- Healthy three-course social lunches
- Gentle exercise programs
- Conversations and companionship
- Art and craft
- Computer skills
- Sing-a-longs and musical concerts
- Groups with a multicultural focus
- Talks and information sessions
- Regular outings – picnics, garden shows, historical places of interest
- Outings – local events, historical places of interest, picnics
- Woodwork, gardening and craft
- Weekly men’s and women’s groups
- Cultural groups
- Guest speakers and entertainers
- Crosswords and word games
- Painting classes
- Armchair travel
- South Melbourne
- East Burwood
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, volunteering with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement in any service or undertaking.