Homelessness and Housing

Help with homelessness and housing
Housing that suits people needs.

When people are at risk of losing their home, or struggling with finding somewhere affordable to live, we have a range of services to support including: 

  • Homelessness support
  • Crisis accommodation services
  • Homeless emergency accommodation
  • Transitional housing
  • Social and affordable housing
  • Retirement living.

Students studying Community Services or Social Work are encouraged to apply for placements at one of our Emergency Relief Centres. 


Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.

Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.