Help save lives and volunteer as a Lifeline Ballarat Crisis Supporter.
Lifeline Ballarat - serving the people of Ballarat, the Grampians region and Australia.
Lifeline Ballarat is one of 40 centres across Australia, being part of a trusted national charity that has been saving lives and supporting Australians in need for more than 50 years.
Lifeline Ballarat delivers crisis support and suicide prevention services through the national 13 11 14 help line. The service provides confidential 24/7 telephone crisis support and referral services to Australians in need. Currently more than 3000 calls are answered each day, which is one call answered every 30 seconds.
We are seeking people who:
- Have a desire to make a difference to people in crisis.
- Understand empathy and have the ability to respond in a non-judgmental manner.
- Have excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Are willing to undertake a nationally recognised training program – Crisis Supporter Workplace Training. This training has a co-contribution fee
- Are over 18 years of age.
- Are flexible and willing to commit to the role for a minimum of two years.
We offer you:
- Nationally recognised comprehensive training.
- Continuous support from an experienced, passionate, committed team.
- Personal growth and professional development.
If you are considering applying for this course, please read the following pre-enrolment course information booklet carefully prior to submitting your application, as it will answer many questions regarding the training.
- Pre-Enrolment-Course-Information-Booklet (opens in a new window)
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Compliance Manual
Lifeline is a Registered Training Organisation. Upon completion of the Lifeline Crisis Supporter Workplace Training (CSWT) course you will obtain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following Units of Competence:
- CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCCS028 Provide client-centred support to people in crisis.
All prospective volunteers are strongly encouraged to attend an online (Zoom) Information Session (new dates coming soon).
To make an application or for more information please get in touch
Phone: 0466 852 016 or 9051 7471
Accredited CHCSS00113 - Crisis Support Skill Set Training which includes a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment of 3 Units of Competency.
The accredited crisis support training is delivered on behalf of Lifeline Australia RTO 88036 by the local Lifeline Centres
In the case of an emergency or if life is in danger, please call 000.
For crisis support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you are interested in volunteering at Lifeline Melbourne please click here.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account