Cat Foster Carer
Volunteer Cat Foster Carer Southampton
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Cat Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for cats away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for cats to settle in a new environment.
Also, you may be asked to assist with hand feeding abandoned kittens which means you will need to be prepared to feed every two hours including through the night.
The role of a Cat Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross cats and kittens in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Supporting cats who might be struggling to cope with cattery life or may be recuperating from operations
- Providing all the care cats need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Collecting or dropping your animal back to the centre during opening hours
- Keeping accurate records
- Attending vet visits when requested
To be a Cat Foster Carer
You will need:
- Experience of handling and caring for cats and kittens
- A spare room for nervous cats, litters or hand rears
- Preferably no other pets
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Competent, flexible and self-motivate
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Arrangements will be made for holidays
- All equipment provided and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.