Volunteer Pet Food Bank Assistant
Volunteer Food Bank Coordinator Greater Manchester
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
Our Volunteer Food Bank Coordinato rs provide practical
support to pet owners during financial crises, by
distributing donated pet food via our onsite foodbank.
This helps to keep pets in their current homes.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience
for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
You will be helping to keep pets in their homes by providing food for those in need.
The role of a Volunteer …
Tasks may include:
- Organisation of stock and stock taking
- Checking use by dates on stock
- Greeting clients
- Issuing clients with food bank items
- Driving (optional) if required to deliver food to customers who cannot attend the foodbank
- Collecting and distributing stock
To be a Volunteer
You will need to be:
- Available for the shifts when the food bank is open.
- Team player and self-motivated
- Confident, friendly and with a professional approach
- Willing to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- Have a full current driving licence (only for driving role)
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives and stay in their current home
- You’ll gain practical skills and experience
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a team of like-minded people
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.