Vehicle Maintenance Volunteer
Vehicle Maintenance Volunteer (at Bromsgrove)
Our busy centre is looking for a reliable volunteer to help us to keep our two small pool vans in tip-top shape.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting checks around the vehicle including tyres, lights, mirrors, indicators, wipers and washers.
- Checking for any signs of damage or visible wear and tear.
- Checking instruments and equipment inside the vehicle including seat belts, alarms, horn and so on.
- Checking fluid levels including washer fluid, radiator water, oil level and diesel.
- Ensuring all safety equipment required is present including fire extinguisher and first aid kit.
- Ensuring the vehicles are clean inside and out ready for transporting animals.
- Completing a tick sheet to record all the above and reporting any defects to a Supervisor or Centre Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Full current driving licence.
- Confident around vehicles.
- Ability to work in a team or alone.
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- All our drivers will have a confidential driving licence check by a company called Intelligent Data Systems on behalf of Blue Cross.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives.
- Gain practical skills and experience.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- Stay active and healthy.
- Enhance your CV.
- Training and on-line training.
This opportunity is available at Bromsgrove Rehoming Centre, Wildmoor Lane, Catshill, Bromsgrove, Worcs B61 0RJ.
Time commitment preferred is a weekday on a weekly basis any time between 8.30am and 5pm.
You will be required to complete appropriate units of our Blue Cross Rehoming Training Programme.