Pet free Foster carer
Pet Free Foster Carer
Would you like a pet but are not able to give long term commitment? Do you have a spare room you could offer a scared cat, or time to devote to a very stressed dog? Blue Cross is looking for committed, experienced people who can offer short term care to pets with specific behavioural needs, in their own homes.
We are experiencing an increase in under socialised dogs and cats that have specific home requirements. They have very high stress levels that affects how they cope with life .Our behaviour team have specified these pets as - currently unable to live with other pets. We need fosterers without existing pets to work with us in assessing these pets to help achieve a successful rehoming.
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Blue Cross pets in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Caring for under socialised pets that cannot cope with centre life.
- Working with our behaviour team
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Keeping accurate records
What we are looking for:
- Experience of handling and caring for pets with behaviour needs.
- You need to live within 30 minutes of the centre and have use of suitable transport
- A spare room if fostering cats, a garden if fostering dogs
- No other pets
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures and pet training plans
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping us rehome more challenging pets successfully
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Arrangements will be made for holidays
- All equipment provided and costs covered
This opportunity is available at: Thirsk rehoming centre, Parklands, Station Road, Topcliffe, Thirsk, North Yorkshire YO7 3SE
Time commitment: Variable
Please apply via the website https://www.bluecross.org.uk/volunteer