Blue Cross Centre Support Yard Volunteer
Blue Cross Centre Support Yard Volunteer…
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
We are looking for experienced and committed people who can offer short term care to Blue Cross horses on their own land on a voluntary basis, while they wait to find their new Blue Cross home or return to one on our centres.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
Time commitment: Flexible, depending on each horses’ needs with the ability to take horses in at short notice occasionally
Geographical area: To live within 1 hours drive of Burford Rehoming Centre OX18 4PF
The role of a Volunteer …
- Caring for a range of Blue Cross horses on your own land on a voluntary basis
- Handling a range of horses and ponies with different needs for a short term.
- You will be providing all the care they need such as feeding, handling and grooming, and in some cases veterinary or farrier care as needed.
- You will be available to assist and possibly carry out appointments with potential new borrowers.
- You will need to keep basic accurate records.
- Communicating with the Rehoming teams.
To be a Support Yard Volunteer
You will need to be:
- A reliable person who can commit to the daily care and handling of horses on their land. who is competent and experienced handling and caring for a range of horses.
- A person with the confidence to make decisions.
- Someone who is happy with potential new borrowers coming to your property to meet the horse.
- Willing to work with Blue Cross and follow our procedures and policies.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- Assisting Blue Cross help more horses in high welfare need by alleviating space at our horse units.
- Have the reward of helping Blue Cross, a rescue horse and make a difference to its future.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1520 (option 4).
We would love to hear from you.