Are you looking to help a pet in need and open your home to a dog, cat or small animal who is needing some love and TLC? Fostering a pet in need is an incredibly rewarding experience and a chance to make a real difference to a pet by offering them a stable and loving environment to help prepare them for their new home.
Please bear in mind that we are looking for foster carers to be able to foster past this period of lockdown.
What you will be doing:
Caring for Blue Cross pets in your own home until they can be rehomed
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- You may also offer to care for pregnant females or mums and litters
- Keep accurate records
What we are looking for:
- Experience of handling and caring for pets
- You need to live within 45 minutes of the centre
- Have use of suitable transport
- Have the time to look after a foster pet
- A spare room if fostering cats, a garden if fostering outdoor rabbits and a garden is also beneficial if fostering dogs
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Competent, flexible and self motivated
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and training
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Arrangements will be made for holidays
- All equipment provided and costs covered
Varies depending on the species and individual but flexibility is needed.
We do ask that our foster carers:
- Live within 45 minutes of our centre and be able to travel to our centre or vets, sometimes at short notice
- Assist us with the rehoming process by regularly providing photos, videos and updates via email or WhatsApp
- Be willing to foster past the lockdown period
- Have access to/the ability to video call as we are unable to conduct physical home visits due to the Covid 19 restrictions
This opportunity is available at:
Kimpton Bottom, Herts, SG4 8EU.
You can contact us via email at Hertfordshire@bluecross.org.uk or call us on 0300 777 1490 to speak to a member of staff and get more information about this role and if you are interested and wish to apply we can advise you of the next steps.