Tack Shop Team Volunteer
Volunteer with our Tack Shop team
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our Tack Shop team manage one of the horse units most important income streams. They are the face that our supporters see and the staff they have the opportunity to talk to.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience
for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
The shop days are Saturday and/or Sunday 10am-2pm. Stock days and times are flexible.
The role of a Tack Shop Assistant
Tasks may include:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Organising and sorting tack
- Stock taking
- Taking tack to local tack sales
- Money handling
- Taking card payments
To be a Tack Shop Assistant
You will need:
- A good level of horse tack knowledge in order to assist our customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Regular commitment and reliability
- The ability to work in a team or alone
- Experience of working with the public
- The willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- You’ll gain a variety of experience for your CV
- You’ll learn new skills such as customer service, communication and team working
- We’ll provide you with all the training you need, including our GUEST customer service training
- You’ll meet new people and get involved with your local community
- You’ll be helping more pets in need
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.