Fundraiser and Events Volunteer
Fundraising Group Volunteer (at Bromsgrove)
Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with people? Do you enjoy attending local shows and events? Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to join a group of like-minded volunteers to help run and/or organise promotional events in the local area to promote our work. You’ll be helping pets in need whilst developing your skills and experience, and having fun!
What you will be doing:
- Attending events in the local area to promote the work of Blue Cross
- Help set up and take down stalls at events
- Tell people about Blue Cross and encourage them to use our service and support us
- Sell pet merchandise or engage people in fun activities which may include games or a fun dog show
- Along with other fundraising volunteers, plan and organise local events (this is optional)
- Be part of, and supported by, a group dedicated to raising funds and developing new ideas
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good communication skills and confident talking to the public about Blue Cross
- Happy to be outdoors in all weathers (a gazebo is provided and some events may be indoors depending on the venue)
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to stand for long periods and be able to erect and take down equipment such as tables and gazebos, with the help of other volunteers
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team with other volunteers
- Access to own transport to get to venues in the local area
- Willingness to drive a Blue Cross pool van to attend venues is beneficial but not compulsory
- Minimum 18 years of age
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training including on-line training and Guest customer care and full briefing on the work of Blue Cross
- Have fun and get involved with a range of local events
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Enhance your CV
This opportunity is based around the West Midlands and Worcestershire region via the Bromsgrove Rehoming Centre, Wildmoor Lane, Catshill, Bromsgrove, Worcs B61 0RJ.
Totally flexible! Our fundraising volunteers are free to give as much or as little time as they prefer. Most events take place at weekends and sometimes bank holidays but there may be the occasional opportunity to help on weekdays too. Full day or part of a day, according to when you are available.
You will be required to complete appropriate units of our Blue Cross Rehoming Training Programme.