Fundraiser and Events Volunteer
Fundraising Group Volunteer (at Bromsgrove)
Do you love talking to people and winning them round? Have you got what it takes to help organise and run events to promote Blue Cross in your local community? Your local Blue Cross centre is looking for people to join a group of like-minded volunteers to organise a variety of local promotional and fundraising events. You’ll be helping pets in need whilst developing your skills and experience, and having fun!
What you will be doing:
- Meeting with other like-minded volunteers to plan and organise local events such as running a Blue Cross stall, organising a supermarket collection date, coordinating collection tins in local venues or liaising with businesses to arrange for donations to the centre
- Share your skills and experience
- Help raise awareness of Blue Cross and increase funds to help us to help more pets
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Ideally have good contacts or is able to seek out contacts within the local community
- Great organisational skills
- Comfortable with cash handling
- Good written and verbal communication and an ability to negotiate
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Access to transport or willingness to drive a Blue Cross pool van
- Minimum 18 years of age
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training including on-line training and Guest customer care and full briefing on the work of Blue Cross
- Have fun and get involved with a range of local events
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Enhance your CV
This opportunity is based around the West Midlands and Worcestershire region via the Bromsgrove Rehoming Centre, Wildmoor Lane, Catshill, Bromsgrove, Worcs B61 0RJ.
Specific times to be agreed and time commitment can be flexible. Most events take place at weekends but there is the opportunity to help on weekdays too.
You will be required to complete appropriate units of our Blue Cross Rehoming Training Programme.