Horse Care Team Volunteer
Volunteer with our Horse Care team
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our Horse Care team provide daily care and training to all the horses and ponies that come to the Burford site. Their work tirelessly to ensure all the animals in their care have the best chances of finding forever homes that are perfect for all the individual personalities.
Our Horse Care Assistants help provide daily care and training to the horses and ponies on site.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience
for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
The shift hours are flexible and there is no minimum time commitment to be a volunteer.
The role of a Horse Care Assistant
Tasks may include:
- Helping with routine cleaning of the stables
- Feeding, watering and grooming the horses
- Socialising and handling horses
- General yard duties including cleaning tack, equipment and yard areas
- Monitoring health, welfare and behaviour of the horses
- Assisting in the training
To be a Horse Care Assistant
You will need:
- Regular commitment and reliability
- Experience of owning or caring for horses and an interest in their welfare
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- An understanding of the care horses require and willingness to carry out routine tasks such as cleaning
- A reasonable level of fitness to carry out an active role
- The willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- You’ll be helping horses to have happy, healthy lives
- Spend quality time with our horses then watch them go to new homes
- A chance to spend time with horses without the commitment of owning a horse
- Stay active and healthy
- Develop skills and enhance your CV for a career in animal welfare
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training workshops
- Rehoming Training Programme
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.