Garden and Allotment Team Volunteer
Volunteer with our Garden and Allotment team
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our Horse Unit are looking for a keen gardener, who can help maintain the site and tend to our new allotment to aid us in providing the horses in our care with even more enrichment.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
Have you got green fingers? Do you enjoy working outside? If so, then the Horse Unit are looking for a keen gardener who can help maintain the site and attend to our small allotment.
The shift hours are flexible and there is no minimum time commitment to be a volunteer.
Tasks may include:
- Grass cutting and hedge trimming
- Weeding and ragworting
- Growing vegetables and herbs
- General site maintenance
- Preparing site for open days
To be a Garden and Allotment Assistant
You will need:
- Regular commitment and reliability
- Gardening knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- The willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- You’ll be helping horses to have happy, healthy lives
- Stay active and healthy
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Gain practical skills and experience
- A chance to use your skills in a rewarding role
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.