Rabbit Foster Carer
Volunteer Rabbit Foster Carer (Manchester)
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our shops help to raise vital income for our charity and all profits go to helping more pets in need.
Our Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for pets away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for pets to settle in a new environment.
The role of a Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross rabbits in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Monitoring and caring for rabbits that might be recuperating from operations, too young to rehome or cannot cope with kennel life
- Fostering pregnant females or mums and litters
- Providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Keeping accurate records
Flexible Foster Carer Options:
- We offer flexible fostering to accommodate the varying needs of people and pets
- Short term fostering until a pet finds their new home – this can be from a few days to a few weeks, or in some cases a few months - or for a specified period of time based on your availability
To be a Foster Carer
You will need:
- Experience of handling and caring for rabbits
- You need to live within 30 minutes of the centre and have use of suitable transport
- A spare room for fostering rabbits.
- You will need to be at home most of the time to care for the pet and to be available at short notice
- Preferably no other pets
- Competent, flexible and self motivated
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for pets without a long term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.