Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
Do you hold a full valid driving licence and enjoy driving?
Would you like to help our unwanted pets find homes more quickly? Our busy centre is looking for a reliable volunteer to help us with general centre activities, transport animals between centres, new homes and hospitals to speed up the rehoming process.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
Time commitment: Flexible as and when needed, generally during work hours through the week, occasionally weekends.
The role of a Volunteer …
- Driving our Blue Cross van
- Transporting animals between centres, hospitals, new homes, foster homes and the vets
- Moving animals in and out of the vehicle
- Ensuring the welfare of the animals being transported
- General help with centre activities, trips to collect goods locally etc
To be a Volunteer …
You will need:
- Full current driving licence
- To be a confident driver
- Over 18 years old
- Regular commitment and reliability during working hours & some weekends
- Experience of handling animals
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- All our drivers will have a confidential driving licence check
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Stay active and healthy
- Enhance your CV
- Spend quality time with our lovely animals then watch them go to new homes
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give Sophie our Volunteer Co-ordinator a call on 0300 777 1590 or email email@example.com
We would love to hear from you.