Rabbit foster carer
Volunteer Rabbit Foster Carer Southampton
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Rabbit Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for our rabbits away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for the rabbits to settle in a new environment.
The role of a Rabbit Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross rabbits in your own home until they can be rehomed
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, cleaning, socialising, giving medication, grooming and veterinary trips
- Keep accurate records and fill out assessment profiles
- Provide photographs, videos and information to help with rehoming your foster pet
To be a Rabbit Foster Carer
You will need:
- An interest in pet welfare. Experience of owning or caring for rabbits is beneficial
- If housed indoors, a safe and secure spare room or area is needed
- If housed outdoors, a secure garden with space for a large hutch and run (accommodation is provided)
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Competent, flexible and self motivated
- The ability to travel to and from our rehoming centre in Southampton on a regular basis
- You’ll be helping rabbits to have happy, healthy lives
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Arrangements will be made for holidays
- All equipment provided and costs covered
*At the present time, we are looking for homes with no existing cats, dogs or rabbits*
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.