Cat foster carer
Volunteer Cat Foster Carer Devon Rehoming, Advice and Behaviour Unit
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Cat/Kitten Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for cats whilst we look for a new home for them.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for cats to settle in a new environment.
The role of a Cat Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross cats/kittens in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Supporting cats who might be struggling to cope with behavioural issues or may be recuperating from operations
- Providing all the care cats need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication if necessary and grooming
- Collecting or dropping your animal back to the unit during opening hours
- Keeping accurate records
- Attending vet visits when requested
To be a Cat Foster Carer
You will need:
- Previous experience of looking after cats
- You need to live within 45 minutes from advice unit (EX2 5JL Pynes Hill, Exeter)
- You will need your own car to transport foster cats to and from the unit or vet
- A quiet, reasonable size spare room with minimal furniture for your foster cat
- Be home for part of the day to monitor your foster cats regularly
- The use of video technology such as Teams or Zoom to communicate with the unit when needed
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- You’ll be helping cats to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for a cat without a long-term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills and experience.
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1593.
We would love to hear from you.