Doggie Bed and Breakfast foster carer
Volunteer Doggie Bed & Breakfast Southampton
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Doggie Bed & Breakfast provide evening foster care to help support and offer a peaceful, calming setting for dogs away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Doggie Bed & Breakfast is a flexible process and a way to foster for those who only have time in the evenings. You will need to collect and return the dogs from the centre and for some dogs there is a minimum commitment to ensure their wellbeing.
The role of a Doggie Bed & Breakfast
- Caring for Blue Cross dogs and puppies in your own home in the evenings
- Supporting dogs who might be struggling to cope with kennel life or have separation issues
- Providing all the care dogs need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Collecting or dropping the dog back during opening hours (8:30am - 5pm)
- Keeping accurate records to assist behavioural assessment
To be a Doggie Bed & Breakfast
You will need:
- Previous experience of handling and caring for dogs and puppies
- Local to our rehoming centre in Southampton
- The ability to foster for consecutive nights where possible
- You will need your own car to transport dogs to and from the centre
- A securely fenced, reasonable size garden
- No other pets
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- You’ll be helping dogs to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for a dog without a long-term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.