Volunteer in our shops
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our shops help to raise vital income for our charity and all profits go to helping more pets in need.
Our Volunteer Shop Assistants help with the day to day running of our shops enabling us to maximise sales and raise funds.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience
for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
The shift hours are flexible and there is no minimum time commitment to be a volunteer.
To volunteer in our shops there is a minimum age of 14, and we accept students who are working on their Duke of Edinburgh awards.
The role of a Volunteer Shop Assistant
Tasks may include:
- Assisting and serving our customers, providing a good level of customer service
- Assisting with processing stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing and hanging of donated items
- Serving our customers using our tills
- Assisting in the visual merchandising of the shop
- Assisting in daily tasks including cleaning, tidying and hoovering
- Promoting the work of Blue Cross
You don’t need any experience to volunteer in our shops. You just need to be motivated and enjoy working as part of a team.
- You’ll gain a variety of experience for your CV
- You’ll learn new skills such as customer service, communication and team working
- We’ll provide you with all the training you need, including our GUEST customer service training
- You’ll meet new people and get involved with your local community
- You’ll be helping more pets in need
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.