Cat Foster Carer
Cat Foster Carer (at Bromsgrove)
Would you like a pet but are not in a position to give long term commitment? Do you have a spare room that you could offer a needy cat or time to devote to hand feeding kittens? Blue Cross is looking for committed people who can offer short term care to a house cat or kittens in their own homes.
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Blue Cross cats in your own home until they can be rehomed.
- Pets might be recuperating from operations, too young to rehome or cannot cope with cattery life.
- You may also offer to foster pregnant females or mums and litters.
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming.
- Keep accurate records of health, behaviour and welfare of your foster cat.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of handling and caring for cats and/or kittens.
- You need to live within 45 minutes of the Bromsgrove Centre.
- You'll a full current driving licence and have your own suitable vehicle to use.
- Be willing to use an out-of-hours vet service at Smethwick and be located within a reasonable distance to this site.
- A spare room that is suitable to keep your foster cat in whilst it stays with you.
- A quiet home to keep your foster pet calm and relaxed.
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures.
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated.
- Minimum age 18 years.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives.
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost.
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme.
- Develop skills and enhance your CV.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- Arrangements will be made for holidays.
- All equipment provided and costs covered.
- Training and on-line training.
- You’ll be at home for a large part of the day to keep a close eye on your Blue Cross cat or kittens.
- Time commitment can be varied to suit your availability from a few days to a few weeks.
- If you have kittens that need hand feeding, you will need to be prepared to feed every two hours including through the night, depending on how young they are.
- You will need to be able to come up to the Centre during opening hours for your Blue Cross pet to receive appropriate. medical attention and check-ups.
This opportunity is home-based and available via Bromsgrove Rehoming Centre, Wildmoor Lane, Catshill, Bromsgrove, Worcs B61 0RJ.
You will be required to complete appropriate units of our Blue Cross Rehoming Training Programme.