Foster Carer - Chinchilla/Degu
Volunteer Chinchilla/Degu Foster Carer Torbay
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Chinchilla/Degu Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for our small furry friends away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for the chinchillas and degus to settle in a new environment.
The role of a Chinchilla/Degu Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross chinchillas and degus in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Collecting or dropping your animal back to the Centre during opening hours
- Keeping accurate records
- Providing photographs, videos and information to help with rehoming your foster pet
To be Chinchilla/Degu Foster Carer
You will need:
- Previous experience of handling and caring for chinchillas and degus
- You need to live within 45 minutes from our rehoming centre
- You will need your own car to transport foster animals to and from the centre or vet
- A quiet, reasonable size spare room with minimal furniture for your foster chinchilla/degu
- Be home for most of the day to monitor your foster chinchilla/degu regularly
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- You’ll be helping chinchillas and degus to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for a pet without a long-term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email email@example.com or give me a call on 07880781465
We would love to hear from you.