Supporter Care Assistant
Volunteer with our Supporter Care team
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our Supporter Care team manage the relationship with each of our supporters, without whom our charity could not exist. They also provide an advice and information service, and a sympathetic ear, to supporters and members of the public on a variety of issues which could be anything from information about Blue Cross and our services, to wider animal care and welfare issues.
Our Supporter Care Assistants help answer enquiries from our supporters providing a great customer service.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable experience
for your CV, while meeting new people and having fun!
The shift hours are flexible and there is no minimum time commitment to be a volunteer.
The role of a Supporter Care Assistant
Tasks may include:
- Handling social media enquiries
- Manage and respond to email enquiries
- Answering telephone calls and processing donations
- Updating supporter records
- Contacting clients to process veterinary grants
Some of these tasks will only be able to be carried out once our Burford offices reopen following the current COVID situation.
To be a Supporter Care Assistant
You will need:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good level of empathy and resilience
- The use of a computer with internet access
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- A minimum age of 18 years
- The willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- You’ll gain a variety of experience for your CV
- You’ll learn new skills such as customer service, communication and team working
- We’ll provide you with all the training you need, including our GUEST customer service training
- You’ll meet new people and get involved with your local community
- You’ll be helping more pets in need
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on email@example.com or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.