Foster Carer - Rabbits
Volunteer Rabbit Foster Carer Torbay
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our pet foster carers provide short term care to our pets whilst we find them their forever homes.
Our Volunteer Rabbit Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for our rabbits away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for the rabbits to settle in a new environment.
The role of a Rabbit Foster Carer
- Caring for Blue Cross rabbits in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Collecting or dropping your animal back to the Centre during opening hours
- Take them to veterinary appointments
- Keeping accurate records
- Providing photographs, videos and information to help with rehoming your foster pet
To be a Rabbit Foster Carer
You will need:
- Previous experience of handling and caring for rabbits
- You need to live within 45 minutes from our rehoming centre
- You will need your own car to transport foster animals to and from the centre or vet
- A quiet, safe and reasonable sized spare room away from other animals for indoor rabbits
- A secure garden with space for accommodation for outdoor rabbits (Blue cross will provide the hutch)
- Be home alot of the day to monitor your foster animal and take to vet if needed
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- If you already own rabbits and are looking to foster rabbits again you must have separate accommodation, and they must be vaccinated, we will require to see evidence of this (this also must include Myxo, VHD1 and RVHD
- You’ll be helping rabbits to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for a pet without a long-term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07880781465
We would love to hear from you.