Qualified Animal Physiotherapist
Are you qualified veterinary physiotherapist looking to gain experience? Are you a retired physiotherapist and have time to spare to help needy pets? Would you like an opportunity to use your skills and qualifications to help pets? Blue Cross is looking for a qualified veterinary physiotherapist to assist our busy nurses by advising on and helping with suitable physiotherapy intervention for recuperating pets.
What you will be doing:
- Assess animals after treatment
- Advise nurses about animals being treated
- Liaise with the Blue Cross veterinary team, including the treating surgeon about the treatment of individual animals.
- Provide one to one training/demonstrations of basic physiotherapy techniques to hospital staff.
- Liaise with physiotherapy professionals regarding treatment of animals in Blue Cross care if necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified and experienced physiotherapist
- ACPAT Member
- Some knowledge of the veterinary hospital environment
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3 months commitment
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping us help pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Use your knowledge and skills to help needy pets
- Enhance your CV
- Stay active and healthy
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of pet welfare in a busy veterinary hospital environment
- Join a great team of like-minded people
Time commitment: Specific times to be agreed.
A regular ongoing commitment is preferred