Short Term Cat foster carer
Volunteer Cat Foster Carer Suffolk
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support. Our shops help to raise vital income for our charity and all profits go to helping more pets in need.
Our Volunteer Cat Foster Carers provide support and a peaceful, calming setting for cats away from the busy Rehoming Centre.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
You’ll learn new skills and gain valuable practical
experience for your CV.
Fostering is a flexible process, but you will need to commit to a long enough period for cats to settle in a new environment. Also, you may be asked to assist with hand feeding abandoned kittens which means you will need to be prepared to feed every two hours including through the night.
The role of a Volunteer Cat Foster Carer
- Supporting cats who might be struggling to cope with cattery life or may be recuperating from operations
- Providing all the care cats need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming
- Collecting or dropping your animal back to the Centre during opening hours
- Keeping accurate records
Criteria required for the role of Volunteer Cat Foster Carer
You will need:
- Previous experience of helping cats to deliver kittens and caring for kittens
- You need to live within 45 minutes from our Rehoming Centre.
- You will need your own car to transport foster cats to and from the Centre or Vet
- A quiet, reasonable size spare room with minimal furniture for your foster cat
- Be home for most of the day to monitor your foster cats regularly
- The use of video technology such as Teams or Zoom to communicate with the Centre when needed
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years
- You’ll be helping cats to have happy, healthy lives
- You’ll be able to enjoy caring for a cat without a long term commitment
- You’ll gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
- You’ll develop skills and enhance your CV
- You’ll join a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll be provided with all the equipment needed and costs covered
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need. If you have any questions then you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
We would love to hear from you.