Dog Foster Carer
Dog Foster Carer (at Bromsgrove)
Blue Cross is looking for committed people who can offer short term care to needy dogs or puppies in their own homes. Do you have the time to devote to an unhappy dog or can you offer chill out time in a peaceful setting away from the busy Rehoming Centre?
What you will be doing:
- Supporting dogs who might be struggling to cope with kennel life or may be recuperating from operations.
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming.
- You will be collecting or dropping your animal back to the Centre during opening hours.
- Keeping accurate records.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of handling and caring for dogs including those with challenging behaviour.
- You need to live within 45 minutes of the Bromsgrove Centre and have your own car.
- Be willing to use an out-of-hours vet service at Smethwick.
- A secure garden is beneficial for dogs.
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures.
- Home for most of the day.
- Minimum age requirement: 18 years.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives.
- Enjoy caring for a dog without long term commitment.
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme.
- Develop skills and enhance your CV.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- All equipment provided and costs covered.
- Fostering is a flexible process. Some people start by offering overnight care, other people prefer to offer a longer commitment of a few days or a few weeks until an animal is rehomed.
Why not come and meet the foster team to find out more about fostering on Wednesday 9th October at our drop-in session? No need to book in, just turn up anytime between 6pm and 8pm at the Bromsgrove Rehoming Centre (Wildmoor Lane, Catshill, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B61 0RJ) for a no-obligation chat about what is involved. To tempt your taste buds, we'll also have yummy cakes and refreshments on sale too to raise funds for the animals as part of Blue Cross Week. Should you have any queries about fostering before the drop-in session or you can't make the session, please either apply for a fostering role on-line at www.bluecross.org.uk/volunteer or email Anne.Gardner@bluecross.org.uk.