Summary of role
Volunteer administrators provide support across all areas of the charity. The accuracy of our records and databases are essential to the efficient running of the service. Discretion is key to this position.
- On arrival sign in at reception, then report today hospice team leader.
- Wear name badge at all times, sign out at reception as you leave.
- Provide administration support as required and directed by the relevant team leader.
These may include:
- Data input
- Mail merge
- Word documents
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Report any accidents, incidents or complaints immediately to the Day Hospice Team Leader.
- Take any phone call and pass on messages.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent administration skills to include most Microsoft applications.
- Confident on the telephone, clear and articulate.
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Ability to empathise with people in distress but at the same time avoiding becoming overly involved.
- Over 17 years old
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player