Volunteer Donations Receiver
Back door at Beau Pres
Hours: Shifts to suit
Dress code: Smart Casual – name badge to be worn at all times
Summary of role
To meet and greet customers who are donating goods and products at our retail fundraising shop in St Ouen.
- To welcome all customers with a cheerful smile.
- To receive goods and products and take to them into the sorting area.
- To carefully and sympathetically explain to customers where Jersey Hospice Care, cannot receive donations of certain goods e.g. nursery products, bike helmets etc and to signpost the customer to the most suitable charity.
- To sort the goods and make ready for pricing (in some circumstances the Donations receiver will also price the goods)
- To dispose of goods in the correct skip/container which cannot be sold, items maybe broken, chipped or soiled. (this must be done discreetly and out of the view of customer’s)
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times.
- To attend relevant training as required.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Smartly dressed person who has the ability to work as part of a team or on their own.
- To strictly maintain Jersey Hospice Care Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Able to talk to people easily and comfortably.
- Previous customer service experience would be useful but not essential.
- Diverse knowledge of our product’s would be beneficial.
- Friendly and approachable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to work well as a team player
- Basic administration skills